Please do not contact MestreLab about license issues. Researchers contact NMR staff, and all undergrads contact the OrgLab staff, for questions and issues.
2018 Sept 12: The current version, MNova 11.0.1-20560, is stable.
MNova is supported on Windows, MacOSX (Leopard and newer), and Unix.
You must be connected to the Chemistry network or using WiscVPN
during the installation, as well as the first time you use MestreNova.
The license will be validated for 90 days; during that time, MNova will work
using any (or no) network connection. But at least once each 90 days, you must
reconnect through the Chemistry network or WiscVPN
to revalidate the license for the next 90 days.
1. Download Mnova for Windows, MacOSX or Unix from the MestreLab site.
2. Run the downloaded setup program and install Mnova using the defaults.
3. Once setup is complete, run Mnova and the Registration Wizard should appear.-- If the Registration Wizard does not appear, go to the Help menu and choose Evaluate/Buy.
4. Answer yes to the license file question and click Activate.
5. When asked to select a license file, use this file (Right click, Save As).
6. We have additional licenses for MNova's qNMR and Reaction Monitoring. plug-in. If you want the plug-ins, download the qNMR file and RxnM file, and perform the same steps as for the main license file to activate them.
Unfortunately, you must also install the software for the plug-ins. This is not so obvious, in a couple ways.
a) Find the download, on the MNova download page. The downloads are on the righthand side. Click, e.g., qNMR, and you'll download a .zip file.
b) Extract the .xml document from the zip. This file is NOT an Excel spreadsheet or a fancy webpage; instead, simple drag the file only an MNova page. The plug-in will now download. When you're finished, the Advanced menu bar will now have the plug-ins installed (here, both Reaction Monitoring, and qNMR.
7. Restart the Mnova program
8. A License Validation Errors window will appear the first time you run Mnova.
Please do the following:
-- Click the three checkboxes next to Don't show this message again.
-- Click the checkbox in the lower righthand corner next to I've read the above information.
-- Click OK.
2018 Sept 12