Reaction of Ketone with p-Fluorophenyllithium - does the Dimer React?
- The ArLi monomer reacts at least 3.5 times as fast as the dimer
- The kinetic product seems to be the monomeric alkoxide
- In contrast to the ester reaction, no mixed dimer ArLi-Alkoxide is formed initially
- At longer reaction times both the mixed dimer and alkoxide homodimer are formed
- Somewhat strange that this experiment could even be performed - the Curtin-Hammett plot suggests interconversion should be a little too fast