- "Syn Elimination of Alkyl Selenoxides. Side Reactions Involving Selenenic Acids, Structural and Solvent Effects on Rates," H. J. Reich, S. Wollowitz, J. E. Trend, F. Chow and D. F. Wendelborn, J. Org. Chem. 1978, 43, 1697.
- "Conversion of Allyl Alcohols to Dienes by Sulfoxide and Selenoxide syn Elimination. Synthesis of PCB Arene Oxides," H. J. Reich, I. L. Reich and S. Wollowitz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1978, 100, 5981.PDF
- "The Selenenate-Selenoxide Equilibrium. Kinetics and Thermodynamics," in "Selenium in Biology and Medicine," J. E. Spallholz, J. I. Martin, and H. E. Ganther, Eds., H. J. Reich and S. I. Wollowitz, AVI Publishing Co., Inc., Westport, CT, 1981, p. 460.
- "Stable Selenenic Acids," H. J. Reich, W. W. Willis, Jr., and S. Wollowitz, Tetrahedron Lett. 1982, 23, 3319.
- "Conversion of Allyl Alcohols to l,3-Dienes by Sequential Sulfenate-Sulfoxide [2,3] Sigmatropic Rearrangement and Syn Elimination," H. J. Reich and S. Wollowitz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1982, 104, 7051. PDF
- "Kinetics, Thermodynamics, and Stereochemistry of the Allyl Sulfoxide-Sulfenate and Selenoxide-Selenenate [2,3] Sigmatropic Rearrangements," H. J. Reich, K. E. Yelm and S. Wollowitz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1983, 105, 2503.
- "Preparation of α,β-Unsaturated Carbonyl Compounds and Nitriles by Selenoxide Elimination." Hans J. Reich, Susan Wollowitz, Organic Reactions 1993, 44, 1. (Review)